When your own ADHD catches up with you.

I've been meaning to post here regularly, I really have. But in the midst of the pandemic, the overwhelm and trying to keep up with everything else it simply didn't happen. So I'm not making any promises to post every day or every week. I will simply post when I can.

I love our ADHD community of friends and family and it is increasingly obvious that I'm living with my own particular version of ADHD. The more I hear about women and ADHD the more I realise that it sounds like me. I'm not sure if this is a relief or not. I think it's actually something I've always known. Now I have the choice on getting a property diagnosis, or simply living with what I know works. 

Over the years I have developed my own kind of coping by working with my superpower of hyper-concentration. When I'm interested in something I can focus for long periods of time. This is how I've completed much of the study I have done. And yes, there is also the use of that super power that achieves anything when the deadline is near (like that night)!!

I understand so much more about myself know. I've been helping parents of children with ADHD for almost 20 years, written a program for kids with ADHD, and last year I started a group for adults living with ADHD, encouraged by a close friend. It's so rewarding to see families do better when they are part of a community. 

I personally love being part of the ADHD community because we are all so different. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of challenges along the way, and life is not always that simple but together, we are an amazing community of wonderful creative people, mums, dads  kids, adults, all living with our superpower.

So here's to 2022. May it be a year of progress for you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new year

Some Thoughts